Raw Material Processing
⋅ The product does not use any raw materials of animal orbiological origin and therefore does not have TSE/BSE.
⋅ The polymer raw materials used for coating plates were positively evaluated for quality consistency using GPC, GC-MS and NMR spectroscopy.
⋅ The sterile, non-pyrogenic/endotoxin-free, non-cytotoxic, DNase-/RNase-/DNA-free multi-well plates were coated using pipetting robots. Coated plates were sterilized by electron beam irradiation according to DIN EN ISO 11137.
⋅ The coating modifies the plastic surface to cell and protein repellent surface to facilitate rapid spheroid and organoid formation.
The BIOFLOAT™ 96-well plate outperforms existing products by its anti-adhesive properties:
- Rapid spheroid formation – BIOFLOAT plates are supporting faster cell aggregation into spheroids compared to competitor plates. Spheroids are usually forming within 24 hours after cell seeding in BIOFLOAT plates.
- High reproducibility of spheroid generation – A single perfectly round-shaped spheroid is forming in each well of BIOFLOAT plates, without any further satellites or cell aggregates.
- Reliable spheroid formation – Spheroids can be generated in BIOFLOAT plates with a variety of different cell types, including tumor cell lines, human and animal primary cells and stem cells.
- No need of centrifugation – Centrifugation after cell seeding is not needed, saving time and reducing cellular stress.
- Stability in long term cultivation of spheroids – Highly viable and functional spheroids can be cultivated for several months in BIOFLOAT plates.