RAW MATERIAL PROCESSING
The product does not use any raw materials of animal or biological origin and therefore does not have TSE/BSE. The polymer raw materials used for coating plates were positively evaluated for quality consistency using GPC, GC-MS and NMR spectroscopy. The sterile, non-pyrogenic/endotoxin-free nonpyrogenic, non-cytotoxic, DNase-/RNase-/DNA-free multi-well plates were sterile coated using pipetting robots in clean room conditions.
The coating modifies the plastic surface to cell and protein repellent surface to facilitate rapid spheroid and organoid formation. The plates were sterilized using electron beam irradiation and validated.
The BIOFLOAT™ 384-well plate outperforms existing products by its anti-adhesive properties:
- Rapid spheroid formation – BIOFLOAT plates are supporting faster cell aggregation into spheroids compared to competitor plates. Spheroids are usually forming within 24 hours after cell seeding in BIOFLOAT plates.
- High reproducibility of spheroid generation – A single perfectly round-shaped spheroid is forming in each well of BIOFLOAT plates, without any further satellites or cell aggregates.
- Reliable spheroid formation – Spheroids can be generated in BIOFLOAT plates with a variety of different cell types, including tumor cell lines, human and animal primary cells and stem cells.
- No need of centrifugation – Centrifugation after cell seeding is not needed, saving time and reducing cellular stress.
- Stability in long term cultivation of spheroids – Highly viable and functional spheroids can be cultivated for several months in BIOFLOAT plates.